Kayastha Pathshala

12/4, Kamla Nehru Road, Allahabad - 211003, UP, India

Founder Munshi Kali Prasad Kulbhaskar (December 3, 1840 - November 9, 1886)
Home History Vision Office Bearers Rules/Regulations Members
Institutions Events Alumni Properties Circulars/Forms Contact us

Institution's History....

1. C.M.P. Degree College

The College is managed by a very progressive body Kayastha Pathshala Trust, one of the biggest Trusts in Asia which manages a number of institutions all over India. It was established in 1873 by late Munshi Kali Prasad Kulbhaskar, a leading lawyer of Luknow. The Trust has made commendable efforts to upgrade the academic excellence of the College.     

               

         Ch. Mahadeo Prasad                                 CMP Degree College Main Building          

Right in the year India declared itself Sovereign, Socialist Republic, did Chaudhari Mahadeo Prasad Degree College named after the great educational benefactor of Allahabad, appear on the horizon of higher education in the city of Allahabad and much in the courtyard of University in 1950. After a great deal of opposition to the proposals of Kayastha Pathshala the Allahabad University agreed to recommend to the state government to modify the Acts to allow affiliation while preserving its residential character. An Act was passed to preserve and promote to special character of C.M.P. Degree College, hence called Associated   College of Allahabad University.  After the Allahabad University became Central University in 2005 the College has now become a Constituent College of Allahabad.

At the time of its inception the institution was being run in the well known K.P. College building. It was later that the college took the form of a sprawling campus when in 1955 it was housed in the premises and building of what was once the Zamindar Association of U.P.

The institution became a full-fledged Degree College with both Arts and Science faculties when B.A. Classes were allowed to be opened in 1955, again after a prolonged struggle under the leadership of Dr. P.L. Srivastava, the then President of K.P. Trust .

The year 1957 saw the rise of a new era in the history of development of C.M.P. Degree College, when Sri J.P. Srivastava took over the reins as Principal from previous torch bearers. At that time, the institution was struggling hard to find its feet in the face of paucity of resources and lack of desired support.  In 1957 the U.P. Government funded and Pandit Kamalapati Tripathi, the then Education Minister, Laid the foundation stone of the college hostel which was later inaugurated by Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, the then Prime Minister and named after Dr. Sampurnanand, situated well within the College campus. In 1957 itself, the foundation of Chemistry department building was laid and the extension of Zoology and Physics Laboratories was taken up in 1958-59. In 1963-64 separate arrangements were made for girl students. In 1976 girls’ education was shifted to a new building at 4, Kamla Nehru Road. Now there is huge campus for girls’ students with large lecture theatres, laboratories, auditorium & other facilities there.

The foundation stone of commodious Auditorium with a seating capacity for 1500 persons was laid by Munshi Harnandan Prasad, the then President of K.P. Trust. It was in 1972 the Law Faculty was added to the folds of the College family. Now there is a separate Law College due to great efforts of Ch. Jitendra Nath Singh, the then President of K.P. Trust & Dr. A.K. Srivastava, Ex. Principal of the College. The College now imparts undergraduate teaching in four faculties Arts, Science, Commerce and Law by a highly qualified and devoted teaching staff. 

2. Kulbhaskar Ashram Post Graduate College

Kulbhaskar Ashram named after the great philanthropist, Munshi Kali Prasad "Kulbhaskar" and was founded in small hut on July 27, 1930 by Late Babu Brij Behari Sahai. The College is situated in the heart of the city and is run under the auspice of the Kayastha Pathshala Trust, one of the pioneering educational trusts in the country.

Dr. Rajendra Prasad, who later became the first President of India Inaugurated a kaccha hostel as Kulbhaskar Ashram (1940).

Recognized as a High School (1944) by the Board of High School and Intermediate Education, U.P., Allahabad.

Rose to the level of an Intermediate College in 1950.

Agra University granted affiliation to the Ashram (1960) for imparting education at the first degree level in the Faculty of Agriculture leading to B.Sc. (Ag) degree. The main building was completed.

On December 17, 1965 foundation stone for construction of a hostel named Rajendra Prasad Chhatravas was laid by the then Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri at the place where Dr. Rajendra Prasad had first visited and stayed as a guest of the Ashram.

In 1965 the College was raised to Post Graduate level in the Faculty of Agriculture.

Dr. Sri Ranjan the then Vice-Chancellor, Agra University inaugurated the first floor of the main building in 1966.

Late Jagjeevan Ram the then Minister of Agriculture Govt. of India inaugurated Rajendra Chatravas in 1968.

The College got affiliated to Kanpur University in 1968.

Faculty of Science was added in 1970 to impart education in B.Sc (Bio) and B.Sc (Maths).

The Chief Minister, U.P., Pt. Kamlapati Tripathi laid foundation stone for Science Faculty building in 1971.

Ch. Naunihal Singh, then Minister of Home and Education, U.P. laid foundation of Agricultural Economics and Statistics building (1982) which on completion was finally inaugurated by Shri S.S. Upadhyay, State Minister in U.P. Govt. in 1984.

During the period 1980-1985 many new buildings viz. Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Agricultural Engineering, Zoology, Physics, Botany, Agricultural Chemistry and Agricultural extension were constructed with the financial assistance made available by the Indian Council Of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and UGC. Student's Union Building, Animal House (Zoology Department), Canteen and Girl's Common Room were also constructed during this period.

Computer Centre was established in 1992 for imparting Computer Education at the Under Graduate and PGDCA Level. The Department has its own building, Library, Lab, Internet, Fax facilities etc. This has become possible with the financial assistance provided by the UGC. B.Sc Classes were started in Computer as a subject in 1995.

In the year 2004 the College became a Study Centre of the Uttar Pradesh Rajarashi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU) for MCA, PGDCA, BCA, DCA, DCOM and CCC Courses.

A fully digitlised English Language Lab was established in the year 2007.

3. Kali Prasad Training College

Kali Prasad Training College a co-educational institution, situated in sacred city of Allahabad on the confluence of river Ganga, Jamuna and invisible Saraswati, is one of the oldest teachers training institution of the Uttar Pradesh (UP) state.

                  

Kali Prasad Training College Main Building

College is being manages by Kayastha Pathshala Trust, which is supposed to be biggest educational trust of the country. 

Kali Prasad Training College, Allahabad was established in July 1951 to impart L.T. Training to students, and used to provide Teacher’s Training till June 1999 as Govt. of UP passed an order to stop L.T. Training College.

Kali Prasad Training College was one of the four aided L.T. Training Colleges of the state who were directed by the Govt. of U.P. to get themselves affiliated to nearby Universities for running B.Ed. Course. Since July 1999 College is imparting B.Ed.

The college is a constituent college of the central University of Allahabad and prepares secondary school teachers imparting theoretical as well as practical knowledge of skills of teaching and preparing effective teachers for developing the society through its products.

The aim of the college is to prepare effective, energetic, efficient teachers imbibing moral and ethical values. The college believes in eclecticism of the entire ism, Idealism, Naturalism, Pragmatism, and Realism but the basic philosophy of the college is to transform than to inform. Traditionalism and modernity is blended to shape their proper growth.

4. Kulbhashkar Ashram Inter College

The College was established by Late Sri Brij Behari Sahai in 1944. High school and Intermediate classes in Science and Agriculture are being run presently.

5. K.P. Inter College

Full Name : Kali Prasad Inter Mediate College, Allahabad.

Established : Originally established in the year 1872 in the locality of Bahadurganj with two rooms. The present site was acquired in 1920 and completed in 1933.

K.P. Inter College Main Building

Founder : The most revered Munshi Kali Prasad, who sacrificed everything he had for the welfare of the poor and the needy.

President : The Manager of the school is also the President of the K. P. Trust which runs the K. P. College and several other renowned schools and colleges. At present, the Manager and President of the college is Sri T. P. Singh, who is also a Prominent and Senior advocate at the Allahabad, High Court, and a very dedicated, sympathetic and visionary person. Gifted with a missionary zeal, he thinks much for the development and modernization of the college.

Plans : There are many plans for the future like establishing a self-financed section preferably for English-Medium students, appointing coaches for different games, promoting indoor games and outdoor games like Basked Ball, Tennis etc. (other outdoor games like cricket, football etc. are already being played) Computer Education is also to be imparted.

The Infrastructure : The College premises is located in the posh locality of George Town on the Mahatma Gandhi Marg. The campus is lush with a sprawling, impressive garden and a magnificent building. The School building is one of its kind among Inter Colleges of the U.P. Standing as a grand mansion of education, the K.P. College, boasts in its premises, three huge buildings-the main building which house the Principal office, the main staff room and where classes from VI to Intermediate (Arts and Commerce)  are run. The Science building- which houses the three laboratories of Physics, Chemistry and Biology with their respective lecture theaters and the New Building, which has classes of Intermediate especially of the Science stream.

6. K.P. Girls Inter College

K.P. Girls Inter College

In order to promote girls education in Allahabad this college was founded in 1966 by Dr. Pyare Lal Srivastava. In 1966, the college was granted recognition form running Junior High School classes and also secured government grants. In 1967 high school classes were started and in 1973-74 the college got due sanction to start Intermediate classes. Initially only six subjects were sanctioned for intermediate classes, however, due to untiring efforts three more subjects were santio0ned later on. In 1992 the college was granted sanction for running self financing courses in science discipline. Smt. Shail Kumari the first Principal of the College retired in 1995, Smt. Anandini Srivastava was Principal between 1995 to 2006, Dr. Kiran Srivastava the next Principal retired in June 2008 and Smt. Mitali Dutta who became Pricipal on 01.07.08 in continuing on this part. 

7. K.P. Convent School

K. P. Convent School was funded by Dr.Pyare Lal Srivastava during his Presidential tenure. The Institution runs classes from  Nursery to Class VIII.

8. K.P. Nursery and Junior High School

This School was established in 1964 during the Presidential of Dr. Pyare Lal Srivastava. At present   classes from Nursery to 8th are being run on the pattern of U. P. Board and the Medium of Instruction is Hindi.  

© 2009 Kayastha Pathshala Trust, Allahabad